Music


Monday, February 11, 2008

Much Better...

A few months ago i went with my family on a trip up the North East coast line. One of the stops we made was in Bar Harbor, Maine. We ended up going whale watching there. Those of you that were there will remember that it was a little less than what we had imagined to say the least, but we sure did see a lot of puffins! Dad loved the puffins, right? I don't think mom saw much since she was trying not to puke. Anyway i got the chance to go again here. The word on the street is that Grand turk is one of the best places to see Humpback whales. They pass thru the channel on their way south to have their baby calf whales. The point is that this is and was a much much better and more up close place to see them. The boat was much smaller, only 8 people. The whales were much closer and the water was much warmer and clearer. One came right up to the boat but stayed just below the surface. The only thing we didn't see was the tails of them when they dive down. I guess they only do that when they feed, not when they are having babies. Thats what the pretty italian told me anyway. Really I think i would have believed anything she told me though. I got a few videos with my camera. They aren't that great but they are all i got for now. I asked the pretty italian (Vale (Val-ay) is her name) to send me some of her pictures but who knows if i'll get them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

more gooder

lins.e said...

Hey fatty matty just wanted to say hi!! so you ever movin home again

The Walkers said...

Hi Matt, This is Jordan. You da man. Do you miss me?