Music


Friday, January 04, 2008

Surfs Up!

Its been really windy here the last few days. Its usually just breezy and the water stays pretty smooth. You can go snorkeling and see forever. But now the waves are so big you could go surfing on them. I was watching a cruise ship come in today and it was going up and down about 20 feet or so. I would have been sick if i was on there. Yesterday one of the ships was trying to back out and the wind pushed it sideways. It made a little tsunami wave (i had to look that one up) that came on shore. I guess it wrecked a few dive boats. People tried to hold them down but i think most of them just went running. I have some pictures of the waves but they never look as big on the camera.

Today I gotta come up with some sort of a tour to give. I'm not sure what I'm going to say. Its only 10 minutes so I'm sure i can make some crap up. If anyone finds something interesting about this island or this area, let me know. Or if you have something that might just sound good and is not necessarily 100% accurate.....that's ok too. People will believe anything right?
Cruise Terminal

You can see where they dredged the ocean floor for the ships. Theres not a lot of room for mistakes.

I'll put the wave pictures up when my battery is charged

0 comments: